Buxton Primary School
Buxton Primary School was established in 1875 and continues to be an integral and important part of the Buxton community. It is situated at the foot of the Cathedral Range in the Acheron Valley within the Shire of Murrindindi.
The school is set back from the Maroondah Highway among established trees and gardens. The grounds are spacious with a playground, oval, basketball court and natural bush, which is set aside as a ‘Land for Wildlife’ area.
The BER building was completed in 2012 and the whole school was upgraded including a new office and admin area. The school is very well resourced both with academic and sporting equipment as well as quality staff and helpers.
The school is at present developing the Land for Wildlife area which will provide a real asset for the school once construction is complete. Grants and other funding sources have been sought and we are hopeful that this land will soon become a refuge for local flora and fauna and provide students and the local community with an area to observe and learn about our indigenous plants and animals.